WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW AFTER RENTING YOUR VEHICLE
The information listed below are based some of the element that a client can come across while renting a vehicle, although these do not cover all possible situations.
Kindly take you time to read your rental contract.
The renters have the right to request certain guarantees. Be aware they might offer or pressure you to subscribe for additional protections and other services that are not always required or mandatory.
• I am between the age of 21 and 25 years old and my driver’s licence has been valid for a minimum of 2 years.
• I am 26 years old or older; and my driver's licence has been valid for a minimum of one year. • All required governmental documents for all the countries I will be visiting, are valid and I will have them with me during my trip (valid passport, visas, International driver's licence, vaccine proof if necessary, etc). An International driver's licence is mandatory in most countries. Get informed before your departure. (In Quebec, the international driver’s licence is issued by CAA Quebec).
• The credit card is under my name (name as in the reservation) and I will have it with me at time of my rental pick up. Important: 2 major credit cards may be required for rentals of luxury car categories.
• If I decline the insurance offered by the rental company, I must ensure that I have adequate personal insurance coverage for my rental, without limitation regarding the duration of the rental, the value of the vehicle and the civil liability coverage.
• When I pick up the rental car, I have a copy of my personal insurance policies in English and French that confirms the coverage. The rental company may refuse to rent me the vehicle or require me to purchase their insurance if I am unable to provide proof of insurance. To find out which side of the road I need to drive in the country I will be visiting, click here http://whatsideoftheroad.com
At the time of your reservation, your flight information was transmitted to the landlord. In case of delay of your flight, the latter will have the possibility to validate the scheduled arrival time with the airport. However, you have a MAXIMUM of 2 hours to go to the counter to pick up your car. Otherwise, the car rental company has the right not to honor your reservation.
• All subscribed additional insurances and protections with the rental company at time of rental pick up, will have to be paid in local currency. No refund will be permitted for any additional insurance and protections approved and signed locally at time of rental pick up.
• All damages to the tires, windows and windshield, are never covered by the protection plans, unless otherwise stated.
• At my rental pick up, a guaranteed deposit is mandatory on my credit card (cash is not accepted).
• The deposit will be refunded upon return of my rental. In case of damage, the deposit will be retained. The guaranteed deposit value may vary based on the applicable deductable amount and/or the value of the rental in addition to the local fees not included in the plan and, if I have subscribed to additionnal coverage, products and/or services.
• Unless otherwise stated in the rental plan, all other supplements (local fees) if applicable, are subject to change and payable at destination in local currency.
• I checked with the rental company to see what kind of fuel the vehicle requires. PROBLEM
WITH THE RENTER
• You can't get your rental back and need emergency assistance? First, always try to contact your travel agent in Quebec. If you are outside of your Quebec agency's business hours, call 1-800-233-5555 as a last resort, they will be able to help you.
• I make sure to keep my rental contract and invoices related to my car rental.
• If I want to make a claim, I need to submit it in writing to my travel agent within 30 days of my travel, along with the copy of my rental contract and all invoices supporting my claim.
• If I need copies of original documents related to my car rental, the request has to be made to my travel agent.
A charge of $40 will be required from the supplier